When you are working with another General Contractor, Devonshire Homes can be brought in to act as Owner’s Representative to assist you by managing and protecting your interests as Owner as your construction project progresses.
Devonshire Homes provides the owner with the resources needed to ensure success providing critical oversight for owners who may not have the required time and managerial expertise to attend to each component of a project.
Devonshire acts as the project’s “eyes and ears,” ideal for projects where the owner does not have a construction manager, providing on-site representation independent of the project’s general contractor.
We will engage with the General Contractor and other advisers, acting as your representative, to monitor progress and compliance and assist in identifying and resolving issues that could otherwise hinder the project’s successful completion, communicating with the General Contractor to seek transparency in how the job is being run and ensuring that information keeps flowing correctly and accurately to and from the Owner. We are the project leader for the owner’s construction project, providing guidance from the pre-construction and early planning stages through to completion, contractor close out and punch list tracking, protecting the owner’s interest at all times.
Our Owner’s Representative Services ensure your project:
- Is adequately staffed with suitable contractor, consultants and advisors
- Has operational and accountability plans
- Meets project goals (safety, schedule, cost and quality)
- Adheres to required industry practices
- Is managed proactively (budget and timing)
- Follows contract documents
- Is supervised by an independent expert, representing your interests as Owner.
We achieve this by providing a range of specific construction advisor services including:
- Keeping you abreast of events, enabling you to make informed and timely decisions
- Analyzing constructability
- Advising the owner on project execution and forms of contracts
- Serving as a single point of contact between contractors and designers
- Representing the owner at key meetings
- Monitoring the project schedule and budget
- Auditing quality assurance/quality control procedures
- Assisting in evaluating contractor payment requests
- Providing monthly reporting
- Facilitating issue resolution
Working as your advocate, our owner’s representative frees up the owner’s resources to focus on their day to day affairs and business without distraction.